Clear, direct and comprehensive, the Azar-Hagen Grammar series uses a Grammar-Based Teaching approach - blending grammar methodology with communicative methods. Grammar is used as the starting point for the development of the language skills - speaking, listening, reading and writing.
Betty S. Azar, Stacy A. Hagen
Niveau: From Beginner to Advanced
Basic English Grammar
Fundamentals of English Grammar
Understanding and Using English Grammar
Liste des composantes
Clear, direct and comprehensive!
Now both in fourth editions, Understating and Using English Grammar and Fundamentals of English Grammar offer learners a host of new features - warm-up activities, readings that focus on target structures, full-colour illustrations and all-new listening exercises ranging from casual speech to academic topics.
- student-friendly grammar charts with concise information and examples accompanied by clear explanations and minimal grammar terminology
- direct, in-depth grammar practice with the immediate application of grammatical forms and meanings across a variety of exercise types, including warm-up, comprehension, completion, reading, listening, pronunciation and writing
- comprehensive, corpus-informed grammar syllabus with extensive coverage of the verb-tense system, modals, gerunds, infinitives, nouns, sentence patterns, clauses, conjunctions and more
- written forms, spelling and punctuation, as well as spoken forms and pronunciation
- MyEnglishLab access with flexible, ongoing assessment to allow students to monitor their own progress and teachers to track students' advancement
Betty S. Azar
Betty Azar is the founding author of Azar methodology and is the co-author of the Azar-Hagen Grammar Series. In her early career as an English teacher she started developing her own materials and worksheets to help her students grasp English grammar. Later on, she established her own approach to grammar teaching - Grammar Based Teaching (GBT) which became a foundation of the Azar-Hagen Grammar Series.
Stacy A. Hagen
Stacy Hagen is the co-author of the Azar-Hagen Grammar Series. She’s an experienced English Language teacher and administrator, as well as a published author of a number of ELT textbooks. She brings a wealth of rich new content, new exercise types, and a fresh, updated feel to the revisions.