Develop English fluency with the Avenues series, conceived specifically for low-beginner to high-intermediate students in an academic context. Written by Lynne Gaetz, author of the successful Open series, Avenues provides a vast selection of texts, extensive practice, and solid strategies and tips to help students become more comfortable in English.
Your roadmap to excellent English skills
- an extensive selection of high-interest reading, listening and watching texts, including additional texts online with self-grading activities, to provide students with plenty of practice;
- revising and editing strategies to help students become more autonomous when producing texts;
- solid support with Vocabulary Boosts and Pronunciation Tips, as well as Writing Workshops with step-by-step instructions to develop students’ production skills;
- effective reading strategies with online exercises to assist students with reading comprehension;
- coverage of grammar related to themes studied in the skills books to help students avoid common grammar errors;
- speaking and writing activities that expose students to grammar concepts through a communicative approach in the grammar books.
Available with My eLab
My eLab for students, available with Avenues skills and grammar books, gives students extra practice opportunities:
- additional reading exercises based on the readings in the chapters;
- extra readings with comprehension questions for extra practice;
- vocabulary exercises to test vocabulary covered in the chapters;
- all listening and watching segments from the skills books with additional exercises;
- extra listening and watching segments with accompanying exercises;
- a special reading strategies folder with tips and exercises.
My eLab helps teachers to track students’ progress through a user-friendly gradebook, which displays grades for each activity. All grades are easily exported in standard formats, allowing teachers to use them as they see fit.
My eLab also includes:
- formal reading tests based on new readings;
- formal listening tests based on new audio segments;
- speaking and writing evaluation grids.
Combine Avenues skills and grammar books with My eLab and maximize practice opportunities!
Lynne Gaetz taught ESL for over twenty years at Collège Lionel-Groulx. The author of many ESL series in Canada, she has also authored developmental writing books for the US. She has an MA in English Literature, a TESL diploma, and a college teaching diploma.
Avenues 1, 2nd ed. - Skills | Teacher's annotated ed. | Book + eText + My eLab (60-month access)
Avenues 2, 2nd ed. - Skills | Teacher's annotated ed. | Book + eText + My eLab (60-month access)
|Prix de détail||Acheter en ligne|
|Avenues 3, 2nd ed. - Skills | Book + eText + My eLab||9782761384223||X||12 mois||40,95 $|
|Avenues 3, 2nd ed. - Skills | eText + My eLab||9782761384209||12 mois||31,95 $|
|Avenues 3, 2nd ed. - Skills | Teacher's Annotated Edition||9782761384179||X||40,95 $|
|Avenues 3, 2nd ed. - Skills & Grammar | Books + eText + My eLab||9782761384346||X||12 mois||64,95 $|
|Avenues 3, 2nd ed. - Skills & Grammar | eText + My eLab||9782761384377||12 mois||49,95 $|
|Avenues 3, 2nd ed. - Grammar | Book + Review Guide + eText + My eLab||9782761384322||X||12 mois||34,95 $|
|Avenues 3, 2nd ed. - Grammar | eText + My eLab||9782761384308||12 mois||24,95 $|
|Avenues 3, 2nd ed. - Grammar | Teacher's Annotated Edition||9782761384339||X||34,95 $|
|Avenues 3, 2nd ed. - Skills | DVD||9782761384247||110,95 $|
|Avenues 3, 2nd ed. - Skills | Audio CD||9782761384230||57,95 $|
|Avenues 3, 2nd ed. - Skills | Book + eText + My eLab & My eGrammar Level 3A||9782761390910||X||12 mois||61,95 $|