Tips For Teaching Pronunciation
Author: Linda Lane
Collection: Tips for... Series
Retail price: $49.95
Number of pages: 288
Tips for Teaching Pronunciation shows English language teachers how to teach the North American sound system. This practical reference book provides practical tips, clear explanations, diagrams, and sample classroom activities. Each chapter covers one of the five main areas of pronunciation -- vowels, consonants, stress, rhythm, and intonation. The companion audio CD in the text provides listening material for select activities.
- What the teacher should know sections set the scene with pedagogical research.
- Concrete tips provide practical classroom suggestions for teaching vowels, consonants, stress, rhythm, and intonation
- Sections on Specific Features in each chapter cover common pronunciation problems that teachers find challenging
- Sample activities for Specific Feature exemplify how to implement the tips
- Practical suggestions show how to integrate pronunciation with other skill areas
- Clear diagrams demonstrate how to articulate vowels and consonants
- Extensive descriptions help teachers prepare for pronunciation problems common to specific languages groups
- Photocopiable diagnostic test and handouts can be used in class with minimal preparation
- Audio CD provides listening material for select activities