Teaching By Principles 4th edition | Book
Author: H. Douglas Brown
Collection: Teaching By Principles
Retail price: $68.95
Number of pages: 672
An Interactive Approach to Language Pedagogy.
Teaching by Principles is a widely acclaimed methodology test used in language teacher education programs around the world. In this fourth edition, Dr. H. Douglas Brown and Dr. Heekyeong Lee offer a comprehensive survey of practical language teaching options firmly anchored in current research on second language acquisition and pedagogy.
It includes :
- A comprehensive update on current issues, new research findings, and innovative classroom teaching techniques, with additional and reworked chapters to reflect this information
- A description and analysis of new foundational principles, including: agency, identity, languaculture, communities of practice, embodied cognition, and self-regulation
- Pre-reading organizers at the beginning of each chapter
- Frequent statistics and pedagogical "tips" in each chapter
- Numerous "classroom connections" to stimulate practical applications of concepts and principles
- End-of-chapter group activities, discussion topics, and suggested additional readings
- A glossary of technical terminology
Professor Brown is currently Director of the American Language Institute. Previously, he taught at the University of Michigan and the University of Illinois. He was the President of TESOL from 1980 to 1981. And, from 1970 to 1979 he was the Editor of Language Learning. Professor Brown has published many articles and books on second language acquisition and pedagogy, including Principles of Language Learning and Teaching.