LEAP 1B - Listening and Speaking | eText + Online Practice (12 months)
Dr. Ken Beatty,
Retail price: $28.95
Number of months: 12
Format: Digital product license code
LEAP: Listening and Speaking is a four-level task-based series for students preparing for college or university studies in English. It encourages students to apply critical thinking skills as they engage in academic listening and speaking tasks across a range of disciplines. Featuring text-based vocabulary and skills practice and a variety of structured speaking assignments, LEAP: Listening and Speaking offers students the skills they need to excel in the academic world.
New to This Edition
- Stronger focus on STEM and business topics exposes students to the types of academic topics and contexts they will be immersed in their degree programs.
- Stronger focus on critical thinking: Each chapter now contains a Critical Thinking rubric, and each chapter ends with a Critical Connections task allowing students to build on what they have learned and applying it to new ideas.
- Learning outcomes are based on the Global Scale of English (GSE), ensuring learning paths are logical and progressive
- Listening comprehension activities (pre, during, and post) have been reworked to provide more
- structure and guidance.
- Improved e-space: Now e-space matches the book content chapter to chapter for ease of use.
- Authentic listening texts and video clips feature a broad range of academic disciplines and genres to help students improve their listening skills.
- Focus on listening, speaking, grammar, and academic survival skills allows students to develop the competencies required to communicate effectively in an academic context.
- Final assignments at the end of each chapter offer in-depth speaking tasks that synthesize the chapter contents and help develop advanced critical thinking skills.
E-space gives students extra practice opportunities with self-graded activities and tests that teachers can customize. A gradebook shows students? progress.
- Vocabulary review exercises.
- Additional comprehension exercises based on listening texts from the Student Book.
- New content related to themes in the Student Book.
E-space Documents include:
- Vocabulary lists by chapter and master Academic Word List, audio and video files for textbook listenings, and a referencing guide.
The Student eText is a digital version of the Student Book.
Dr. Ken Beatty, TESOL Professor at Anaheim University, has worked in schools and universities in Canada, Asia and the Middle East and lectured widely on language teaching and learning from the primary through university levels. He is author of 130+ textbooks, including six books in the Learning English for Academic Purposes (LEAP) series. He has led more than 300 teacher-training sessions in 31 countries and given more than 100 conference presentations.Julia Williams
Julia Williams has been delivering EAP instruction for the last twenty years. She has taught at universities, colleges and secondary schools in Ontario and is currently working at the English Language Institute, Renison University College at the University of Waterloo. She is the author of the first edition of LEAP (2005), of the high-intermediate-level LEAP: Reading and Writing (2012) and of books 3 and 4 in the Academic Connections series, all published by Pearson.