The communicative course for upper intermediate to advanced students
Summit 3rd Edition
Summit 3rd Edition is the new edition of the two-level, high-intermediate to advanced communicative course. It develops confident, culturally-aware English speakers who are able to navigate the social, travel, and professional situations they will encounter as they use English in their lives.
Summit can follow the intermediate level of any communicative series, including the four-level Top Notch course.
Discover the new editon
- All new design, updated content
- Conversation Activator videos build communicative competence
- Discussion Activator videos increase quality and quantity of expression
- Test-taking Skills Booster (and extra challenge exercises) help students succeed in the reading and listening sections of standardized tests
- Greatly increased grammar, reading, listening, and writing practice
- Extra digital grammar exercises
Joan Saslow has taught in a variety of programs in South America and the United States. She is the author/coauthor of widely used successful courses such as Ready to Go, Workplace Plus, Literacy Plus and Summit. She also authored English in Context, a series for reading science and technology, and was series director of True Colors and True Voices. Ms. Saslow has participated in the U.S. Department of State’s Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs English Language Specialist Program.Allen Ascher
Allen Aschler has been a teacher and teacher trainer in China and the United States, as well as academic director of the intensive English program at Hunter College. Mr. Ascher has also been an ELT publisher, responsible for publication and expansion of numerous well-known courses including True Colors, Northstar, the Longman TOEFL Preparation series and the Longman Academic Writing series. He coauthored Summit and authored the ‘’Teaching Speaking’’ module of Teacher Development Interactive, an online multimedia teacher-training program.