Side by Side Extra 1 | Book + eText STUDENT (12-month access) + CD
Steven J. Molinsky,
Collection: Side By Side Extra
Subject: Integrated Skills
Retail price: $52.95
Format: Multiple-item retail product
Get your students to learn using everyday life situations with Side by Side Extra.
Captivate your students with life skills learning. Side by side Extra offers a focus on a conversational approach and real situations to engage students. This book is ideal for visual learners and for teachers who wish to maximize their teaching time.
This product includes:
- Student Book
- eText STUDENT (12-month access)
- Audio CD
In this easy-to-use and visual book, students will find many interesting exercises to stimulate their learning. This book features skill-integrated units focusing on all communication skills with expanded grammar sections containing new Grammar Focus activities.
- Variety of grammar, vocabulary, listening, pronunciation, reading, writing and communication activities
- Picture dictionary lessons introduce chapter vocabulary in a clear, easy-to-use format
- Built-in assessment in each unit includes a check-up test and vocabulary and skill checklists that enable students to assess their development
- How to Say It! activities help students develop key communication strategies
- Talk About It! and Think About It! activities stimulate free conversation practice through classroom discussion of interesting topics
- Gazette magazine sections engage students with interesting material that they can use in class or on their own, building a bridge between the classroom and home
This digital version of the Extra Student Book with embedded audio can be accessed from any computer or tablet, at home or at school. Students can consult class-specific notes added by the teacher, highlight important elements and add their own notes.
Use this digital tool to complement the program?s dynamic conversational approach. The eText supports students' independent practice for self-paced learning.
- Pages of the Student Book, with the complete audio program in embedded links, provide conversation, listening, pronunciation, reading, and Gazette practice
- Notes and Bookmark tools allow students to add, receive and share notes, and bookmark pages to revisit them later
- FunZone activities, games, videos, music, and animations reinforce each unit?s objectives:
- Vocabulary flashcards
- Skill building activities for vocabulary, grammar and reading
- GrammarToons animations with activities
- o GrammarRaps, GrammarSongs and video segments with activities (Levels 1 and 2 only)
The Audio CD includes the tracks for Gazette activities and mp3 audio files for major lesson features, including model conversations, readings and Gazette activities (downloadable to a computer or audio player)
Steven J. Molinsky is Professor of Education at Boston University, where he is a senior faculty member in the Graduate Program in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages. He holds M.A. and Ph.D. degrees in Linguistics from Harvard University. His primary interest is the development of innovative approaches to language teaching. He has taught methodology courses at Boston University for more than 30 years and has worked with teachers in-training throughout the world.Bill Bliss
Bill Bliss is President of the Language and Communication Workshop, which provides training and consulting services in language learning, literacy, immigrant education, and citizenship. Since 1974, he has worked as a teacher, trainer, refugee camp program manager, consultant to government agencies and school systems, and advocate for immigrant and refugee education. He holds an M.Ed. degree from Harvard University. His interests include social justice education, immigration policy, and the impact of social media and emerging technologies on education.
You will also like
NorthStar, 4th ed. - Reading and Writing 5 | Book + MyEnglishLab