Fundamentals of English Grammar, 4th ed. | eText + Audio
Betty S. Azar,
Stacy A. Hagen
Collection: Azar-Hagen Grammar Series
Retail price: $51.95
Number of months: 12
Format: Digital product license code
A classic developmental skills text for lower-intermediate and intermediate English language learners, Fundamentals of English Grammar is a comprehensive reference grammar as well as a stimulating and teachable classroom text.
While keeping the same basic approach and material as in earlier editions, the fourth edition more fully develops communicative and interactive language-learning activities.
Some of the new features are:
- Innovative Warm-Up exercises that precede the grammar charts and introduce points to be taught
- Structure-based listening exercises ranging from casual speech to more academic content
- A wide selection of readings that highlight the target grammar structures
- Greatly expanded speaking practice with extensive pair, group, and class work
- Writing activities with models for students to follow
- Corpus-informed syllabus that reflects the discouse patterns of spoken and written English
- Listening Script included
Betty Azar is the founding author of Azar methodology and is the co-author of the Azar-Hagen Grammar Series. In her early career as an English teacher she started developing her own materials and worksheets to help her students grasp English grammar. Later on, she established her own approach to grammar teaching - Grammar Based Teaching (GBT) which became a foundation of the Azar-Hagen Grammar Series.Stacy A. Hagen
Stacy Hagen is the co-author of the Azar-Hagen Grammar Series. She’s an experienced English Language teacher and administrator, as well as a published author of a number of ELT textbooks. She brings a wealth of rich new content, new exercise types, and a fresh, updated feel to the revisions.