Basic English Grammar, 4th ed. | eText + Audio
Betty S. Azar,
Stacy A. Hagen
Collection: Azar-Hagen Grammar Series
Retail price: $51.95
Number of months: 12
Format: Digital product license code
Clear, direct, and comprehensive, the Azar-Hagen Grammar series uses a grammar-based teaching approach - blending grammar methodology with communicative methods. Grammar is used as the starting point for the development of all language skills - speaking, listening, reading, and writing. Reflecting the latest research throughout, the 4th edition of Basic English Grammar continues to support both accuracy and fluency by integrating a grammar-based approach with communicative methodologies.
- Corpus-informed grammar content reflects discourse patterns, including the differences between spoken and written English.
- New warm-up exercises precede grammar charts so students discover the target grammar as they progress through each exercise.
- New writing tasks help students naturally produce target grammar structures.
- A variety of listening exercises introduce students to relaxed, reduced speech.
- Expanded "micro-practice" exercises provide incremental practice with a single grammar structure.
The Student eText is a digital version of the Student Book and includes the accompanying audio.
Betty Azar is the founding author of Azar methodology and is the co-author of the Azar-Hagen Grammar Series. In her early career as an English teacher she started developing her own materials and worksheets to help her students grasp English grammar. Later on, she established her own approach to grammar teaching - Grammar Based Teaching (GBT) which became a foundation of the Azar-Hagen Grammar Series.Stacy A. Hagen
Stacy Hagen is the co-author of the Azar-Hagen Grammar Series. She’s an experienced English Language teacher and administrator, as well as a published author of a number of ELT textbooks. She brings a wealth of rich new content, new exercise types, and a fresh, updated feel to the revisions.