Avenues 2, 2nd ed. - Skills | Book + eText + Online Practice
Author: Lynne Gaetz
Subject: Integrated Skills
Retail price: $42.95
Format: Multiple-item retail product
Your roadmap to excellent English skills
Avenues 2: English Skills, Second Edition is an integrated skills book for students of English as a second language at the intermediate level. Written by Lynne Gaetz, Avenues 2 maps out a clear and structured path to success. With a high proportion of new content, this edition provides students with level-appropriate reading and listening practice based on a wide range of texts and high-interest audio and video segments. Revising and editing practice, vocabulary boosts, pronunciation practice and guided writing and speaking tasks help students improve their production skills. This second edition also features Quick Chat activities that introduce students to the chapter themes, and a Reading Strategies section.
Avenues 2: English Skills features:
- a wide range of engaging texts: reading, listening and watching texts of high interest;
- revising and editing: revising and editing strategies that comply with the MELS Devis to help students become more autonomous when producing texts;
- language reinforcement: solid support integrated throughout with Vocabulary Boosts, Pronunciation Tips and Writing Workshops with step-by-step instructions to develop students' vocabulary and production skills;
- helpful reading strategies: effective reading strategies and exercises;
- contextualized grammar: Grammar Links to practise contextualized grammar points related to other readings;
- written and oral productions: a variety of theme-related writing and speaking topics as well as production tasks to consolidate information learned.
My e-space gives students extra practice opportunities. Through an easy-to-use online platform, students can access extra activities to practise reading and listening skills as well as vocabulary and grammar. All activities are automatically graded, which gives students instant feedback and an opportunity to focus on areas that require more practice.
E-space provides access to:
- additional reading exercises based on the readings in the chapters;
- extra readings with comprehension questions for extra practice;
- vocabulary exercises to test vocabulary covered in the chapters as well as additional vocabulary practice;
- all listening and viewing segments from the book with additional exercises;
- extra listening and viewing segments with accompanying exercises;
- a special reading strategies folder with tips and exercises.
Combine Avenues 2: English Skills with My eLab and eText and maximize the practice opportunities!
Lynne Gaetz taught ESL for over twenty years at Collège Lionel-Groulx. The author of many ESL series in Canada, she has also authored developmental writing books for the US. She has an MA in English Literature, a TESL diploma, and a college teaching diploma.
|Retail price||Buy Online|
|Avenues 1, 3rd ed. | COMBO - Skills and Grammar Book + e-Book + Online Practice (12 months)||9782766153732||X||12 months||$67.95|
|Avenues 1, 3rd ed. | Skills Book + e-Book + Online Practice (12 months)||9782766153770||X||12 months||$42.95|
|Avenues 1, 3rd ed. | Grammar Book + e-Book + Online Practice (12 months)||9782766153787||X||12 months||$35.95|
|Avenues 1, 3rd ed. | Skills - Digital Set (12 months)||9782766153749||12 months||$33.95|
|Avenues 1, 3rd ed. | Grammar - Digital Set (12 months)||9782766153756||12 months||$28.95|
|Avenues 1, 3rd ed. | COMBO - Skills and Grammar - Digital Set (12 months)||9782766153763||12 months||$54.95|
|Avenues 1, 3rd ed. | Skills - Teacher’s Annotated Edition (36 months)||9782766153794||X||36 months||$42.95|
|Avenues 1, 3rd ed. | Grammar - Teacher’s Annotated Edition (36 months)||9782766153800||X||36 months||$35.95|