LEAP 3 - Reading and Writing | Book + eText + Online Practice STUDENT (12 months)
Author: Julia Williams
Retail price: $61.95
Format: Multiple-item retail product
Succeed in the academic world
LEAP is a comprehensive four-level series in EAP (English for Academic Purposes) with two strands to meet different needs: Reading/Writing and Listening/Speaking. LEAP gives students the language, skills and critical thinking they need for a successful start to their college or university studies.
LEAP 3: Reading and Writing New Edition
- Each chapter includes three authentic reading texts on a contemporary topic, reflecting real academic reading tasks and presenting a variety of styles and points of view.
- Students refine their knowledge of grammar notions to build accuracy , which they apply in writing tasks, and learn mostly academic vocabulary in focused Vocabulary Build sections.
- Focuses on skills (listening/speaking) develop students language strategies, which they apply first in the Warm-Up Assignment and then in the Final Assignment.
- An explicit focus on a critical thinking strategy in each chapter is reinvested through activities that foster reflection, analyzing different points of view and synthesis.
- A models chapter provides students with guidance and examples for writing the different types of texts featured in the chapters.
- Objectives developed with GSE learning goals
- Focus on Critical Thinking in each chapter and Critical Connections task at the end of the chapter to reinvest content
- Focus on Accuracy in each chapter to refine student’s knowledge of English grammar
- Listening and Speaking Coursebook includes a video extract in each chapter
- More emphasis on STEM topics
- Updated content: 80% new readings and listening texts
- Improved organization and content in e-space
- Teacher’s Manual available in the e-space platform Documents
E-space: Get Connected > Practise > Succeed!
LEAP e-space offers:
- self-graded exercises to reinforce and extend classroom learning and help students succeed
- additional, flexible content for students and teachers who want to go beyond the coursebook
- resource documents, testing materials and an easy-to-use gradebook to support teachers
- LEAP online components help students consolidate what they learn in class and provide opportunities for blended learning.
- E-space offers additional practice and extension activities in reading, writing, speaking and listening; support documents for students and teachers; and a variety of adaptable testing materials.
- Automatic correction and a clear, informative gradebook keep students up-to-date on their progress and save teachers time.
- Teachers can add or edit exercises to tailor online homework to their students’ needs.
- The teacher eText of the print book facilitates classroom presentations.
- The LEAP 3 teacher eText provides answer keys. E-space Documents includes printable answer keys that can be shared with students.
- eText with answer keys
- Teacher’s Manual in the e-space platform Documents including a chapter walkthrough, teaching tips and answer keys
- Transcripts of all listening texts
- Chapter tests in two formats: online and print
- Midterm and final exams
Julia Williams has been delivering EAP instruction for the last twenty years. She has taught at universities, colleges and secondary schools in Ontario and is currently working at the English Language Institute, Renison University College at the University of Waterloo. She is the author of the first edition of LEAP (2005), of the high-intermediate-level LEAP: Reading and Writing (2012) and of books 3 and 4 in the Academic Connections series, all published by Pearson.