LEAP 3 - Listening and Speaking | Book + eText + My eLab STUDENT (12 months)
Dr. Ken Beatty
Retail price: $58.95
Number of pages: 200
Format: Multiple-item retail product
Succeed in the academic world
LEAP is a comprehensive four-level series in EAP (English for Academic Purposes) with two strands to meet different needs: Reading/Writing and Listening/Speaking. LEAP gives students the language, skills and critical thinking they need for a successful start to their college or university studies.
LEAP 3: Listening and Speaking New Edition
- Each chapter includes three listening texts on a contemporary topic. The new edition includes an authentic video and an authentic audio in each chapter.
- The texts present realistic academic listening contexts, with a variety of styles and points of view.
- Students refine their knowledge of grammar notions to build accuracy , which they apply in speaking tasks, and learn mostly academic vocabulary in focused Vocabulary Build sections.
- Focuses on skills (listening/speaking) develop students language strategies, which they apply first in the Warm-Up Assignment and then in the Final Assignment.
- An explicit focus on a critical thinking strategy in each chapter is reinvested through activities that foster reflection, analyzing different points of view and synthesis.
- Objectives developed with GSE learning goals
- Focus on Critical Thinking in each chapter and Critical Connections task at the end of the chapter to reinvest content
- Focus on Accuracy in each chapter to refine student’s knowledge of English grammar
- Listening and Speaking Coursebook includes a video extract in each chapter
- More emphasis on STEM topics
- Updated content: 80% new readings and listening texts
- Improved organization and content in My eLab
- Teacher’s Manual available in My eLab Documents
My eLab: Get Connected > Practise > Succeed!
LEAP My eLab offers:
- self-graded exercises to reinforce and extend classroom learning and help students succeed
- additional, flexible content for students and teachers who want to go beyond the coursebook
- resource documents, testing materials and an easy-to-use gradebook to support teachers
- LEAP online components help students consolidate what they learn in class and provide opportunities for blended learning.
- My eLab offers additional practice and extension activities in reading, writing, speaking and listening; support documents for students and teachers; and a variety of adaptable testing materials.
- Automatic correction and a clear, informative gradebook keep students up-to-date on their progress and save teachers time.
- Teachers can add or edit exercises to tailor online homework to their students’ needs.
- The teacher eText of the print book facilitates classroom presentations.
- The LEAP 3 teacher eText provides answer keys. My eLab Documents includes printable answer keys that can be shared with students.
- eText with answer keys
- Teacher’s Manual in My eLab Documents including a chapter walkthrough, teaching tips and answer keys
- Transcripts of all listening texts
- Chapter tests in two formats: online and print
- Midterm and final exams
Dr. Ken Beatty, TESOL Professor at Anaheim University, has worked in schools and universities in Canada, Asia and the Middle East and lectured widely on language teaching and learning from the primary through university levels. He is author of 130+ textbooks, including six books in the Learning English for Academic Purposes (LEAP) series. He has led more than 300 teacher-training sessions in 31 countries and given more than 100 conference presentations.