Fundamentals of English Grammar, 5th ed. | Workbook A + Answer Key
Betty S. Azar,
Stacy A. Hagen
Collection: Azar-Hagen Grammar Series
Retail price: $26.95
The new, 5th edition of Fundamentals of English Grammar
The fifth edition has been extensively revised to keep pace with advances in theory and practice, particularly from cognitive science. Now more than ever, teachers will find an extensive range of presentations, activities, and tasks to meet the specific needs of their classes.
- Pretests at the start of each chapter enable learners to check what they already know.
- Updated grammar charts reflect current usage and highlight differences between written and spoken English.
- A new chapter on article usage.
- A variety of high-interest readings include reviews, articles on current topics, and blogs that focus on student success.
- Additional incremental practice helps learners better grasp concepts, while thematic exercises and integrated tasks offer more contextualized language use.
- Step-by-step writing activities are supported by writing tips and pre-writing and editing tasks.
Workbooks (also available in split editions) are excellent resources for additional study and practice. They are linked to the grammar charts in the Student Book.
The exercises range from the basic to more challenging so students can choose from a variety of exercises that will help them use English meaningfully and correctly. The workbooks can be used as a self-study tool, for additional classwork, homework, testing, or individualized instruction.
Betty Azar is the founding author of Azar methodology and is the co-author of the Azar-Hagen Grammar Series. In her early career as an English teacher she started developing her own materials and worksheets to help her students grasp English grammar. Later on, she established her own approach to grammar teaching - Grammar Based Teaching (GBT) which became a foundation of the Azar-Hagen Grammar Series.Stacy A. Hagen
Stacy Hagen is the co-author of the Azar-Hagen Grammar Series. She’s an experienced English Language teacher and administrator, as well as a published author of a number of ELT textbooks. She brings a wealth of rich new content, new exercise types, and a fresh, updated feel to the revisions.