The Word by Word Picture Dictionary is the centerpiece of the complete Word by Word Vocabulary Development Program.
Steven J. Molinsky, Bill Bliss
Level: From Low-beginner to High-beginner
Word by Word - Canadian Edition
Word by Word - Other languages Dictionaries
Learning vocabulary made easy!
The program's unique interactive methodology makes vocabulary learning come alive as a dynamic communicative experience that prepares students at all levels for success using English in everyday life.
The Teacher's Guide with Lesson Planner and CD-ROM saves countless hours of planning and is available as a book of reproducible masters or on a CD-ROM. It features step-by-step teaching instructions and Hundreds of multilevel communication activities designed for students at three ability levels.
- More than 4,000 vocabulary words are presented through vibrant illustrations and easy-to-use lessons.
- A careful research-based sequence of lessons integrates development of grammar and vocabulary skills.
- WordSongs music CD with a dictionary that extends learning outside the classroom through motivating musical practice
- a Teacher's Guide with Lesson Planner and CD-ROM available with reproducible masters
- a unique choice of Workbooks that offers flexible options to meet students' needs
Steven J. Molinsky
Steven J. Molinsky is Professor of Education at Boston University, where he is a senior faculty member in the Graduate Program in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages. He holds M.A. and Ph.D. degrees in Linguistics from Harvard University. His primary interest is the development of innovative approaches to language teaching. He has taught methodology courses at Boston University for more than 30 years and has worked with teachers in-training throughout the world.
Bill Bliss is President of the Language and Communication Workshop, which provides training and consulting services in language learning, literacy, immigrant education, and citizenship. Since 1974, he has worked as a teacher, trainer, refugee camp program manager, consultant to government agencies and school systems, and advocate for immigrant and refugee education. He holds an M.Ed. degree from Harvard University. His interests include social justice education, immigration policy, and the impact of social media and emerging technologies on education.